There are a variety of methods to make money online, but affiliate marketing is one of the most consistent. You don’t need to sell a specific product or service to make money online using this model. With affiliate marketing, anyone can make money online without investing any penny. In today’s article, we will discuss all the basics you may need to know to get started with affiliate marketing.
By the end of the article, you will know what affiliate marketing is and how you can get started using this model to earn a living from the internet. Let’s not waste any time and get started straight now!
It refers to a marketing model where content creators or influencers earn a commission from marketing a service or a product of a business with an affiliate marketing program. When you sign up for any affiliate marketing program, you can always share links to products of the business you are trying to promote within your content.
You may earn money as an affiliate marketer without having a blog or a YouTube channel. You can promote your affiliate links using any platform as long as you have an audience that can buy the products in the links you share. However, YouTube and blogging are two of the most tested ways to generate income through affiliate marketing.
Most of the content creators that earn big from affiliate marketing are mainly bloggers and YouTubers. The aim is to get people to click on the ads and make purchases from the websites you recommend in your article. Most affiliate programs pay content creators a specific percentage of the sales made through their referrals. So, making thousands of dollars from affiliate marketing is possible if you have a relatively big and supportive audience.
Type of affiliate marketing
Disassociated, associated, and integrated affiliate marketing models exist. Let’s talk about each of these points in turn.
This refers to the type of affiliate marketing done by content creators and celebrities that don’t have any attachment to the products they are promoting. This model is commonly used by celebrities or influencers that promote products outside their niche. For instance, a famous footballer like Lionel Messi can use his Instagram to share links to a popular hotel’s website.
This type of affiliate marketing is usually ideal for popular creators, influencers, or celebrities that already have a loyal following. It is practically impossible to succeed with unattached affiliate marketing if you are a new creator.
With this type of affiliate marketing, one can share links to a product within their niche even if they don’t use that product. For example, if you are a tech YouTuber or Blogger, you can share a link to any tech product even if you don’t use it. Related affiliate marketing is more effective than unattached since it involves sharing products within your niche.
Involved affiliate marketing involves promoting products that you have tested and believe in. This is the most effective affiliate marketing model that I recommend to anyone, including those who are just getting started with affiliate marketing. Customers are more inclined to make a purchase from you if they know you have confidence in the things you’re promoting.
The only limitation with this type of affiliate marketing is that you can only promote the products you use.
Pros and cons of affiliate marketing
- Low cost: Starting a business as an affiliate marketer doesn’t need a large initial investment. Affiliate marketing allows you to start selling without investing in hardware or developing software. All you need is an audience that believes in you.
- Low risk: Selling products as an affiliate doesn’t involve risk since you don’t have to make any significant capital investments.
- Easy to scale: You just have to grow your audience to boost your revenue. The only cost you will incur to scale your business is the time you spend creating content that is of value to your audience.
- You can sign up for many programs: As a content creator or influencer, there are no limitations to the number of affiliate programs you can sign up for.
- Requires patience: Growing an audience on platforms, including YouTube, blogs, or any social media website, takes time. It also requires being creative because there are several other creators you’re competing with for the same audience.
- You have to follow the rules of the program: The business running the affiliate marketing program sets the rules that all affiliates have to follow. If you break any of the guidelines, you may be kicked out of the program permanently.
- It is commission-based: Your earnings essentially rely on the number of people that use your affiliate links to buy the products you are promoting.
BK8 Affiliate Program
When it comes to promoting online casinos in Singapore, BK8’s affiliate program is unrivalled. If you are a content creator or influencer, you can earn extra income by promoting BK8 online casino on any of the platforms you use to publish content. There are many different types of online casino games available, and BK8 is one of the most well-liked and reliable options.
Why you should join BK8 Affiliate Program
- Monthly settlement with a fast payout: Affiliates are paid at the end of every month all the money they earned within that month.
- Support from professional affiliate managers: BK8 has a reliable support team that will help you if you find challenges using this program.
- Risk-free partnership: You don’t have to pay fees to participate in this program. Signing up is absolutely free.
- Lifetime revenue on every member you refer: Affiliates will continue earning from their referrals from all the revenue BK8 generates from them.